The Way I Garden

I love gardening because I love flowers, but everyone should know that I am very inexperienced.  I do everything by trial and error.  Once in a while I will look something up, but research is not my cup of tea.  I find that when I do research something, it just leaves me with more questions.

I've got the basics.  everyone knows you need good water and everyone knows you need good water.  I check out people's yards when I drive around town.  I watch to see if there is anything that I like and take note of what time of year it is, and base my garden planning on that.

I also learn a lot from watching Gardening With Cisco on TV.  He recommends that you find master gardener at a reputable garden center.  I like to go to Shorty's because they have been in Vancouver for a long time and their master gardeners are always there and ready to help you.  They can answer any question I have.

The benefit of going somewhere local because the answers that I find on the internet aren't always compatible with my area.  A master gardener will answer all of your questions, you don't have to do any of the research, and all of their answers are based on location.  Also, his answers are instant.  I walk in with a question and I walk out with an answer, supplies, and sometimes even a full stomach from the cafe.

So, I have been gardening for about 3 years now, and I have just begun.  I am seriously thinking of starting to extend my garden into the fall.  Ornamental cabbages, pansies, and fall vegetables are some things that I would like to try out. Parsnips, collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, kale, lettuce and chard are things I'm looking forward to experimenting with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment